Saturday, February 1, 2014

Getting Back at it ....

Its been a long time since I have taken the time to write a post. Too long....
Well I am ready to get back at it.

Let me catch you up.

I went back to work full time :(

Ran several half marathons including a PR race in Winnipeg and WDW Half Marathon in Orlando!




Since my last race I went on a Disney Cruise, caught the flu, spent too many days traveling in airports and eating really terrible food.

I have been in a bit of a workout funk. The weather has been beastly (-40C) for more days than I can count which limits prevents running outside.


OK so its not -40C right now, but -25 is still cold and today is the warmest its been in a long long time!

So last week I went out and splurged and bought myself the newest in the series of P90X - P90X3. The thing that most interested me in the series was that the workouts only last 30 mins including warm up and cool down and they can be done in my living room. Because honestly going to the gym to run for 30 or 40 mins takes me well over an 1 ½ hrs by the time is get organized and drive to the gym and then change again to come back home. AND it is FREAKING cold outside!!!



I have always wanted to give the program a try, I like that there are a variety of workouts so hopefully  I won't get bored too quick and want to hop over to another plan.



I am pledging today to give this program my all and BRING IT as Tony Horton would say and finish the entire program just like Tony has laid out.

We are starting today Feb. 1st with the before pics and measurements along with the fit test. Then we are going to jump right in with the first workout.

I plan on blogging my progress and experience right here!

2 comments:

  1. You ran the Walt Disney World half?! How fun!!! I bet that was a huge climate change compared to Winnipeg's half :)

    Hope you enjoy the P90X workouts. I've heard great things from other people but have never tried them myself!
    Amy @ http://www.livinglifetruth.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey amy, I had totally forgotten about this blog lol
    I write frequently at my new site http://www.trihardmama.com check it out!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me you thoughts!