Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What's on my Menu and work out updates.

Hi again.


What we eat plays a huge impact on our body and its ability to work hard. Good food equals good results, bad food, bad results it's just that simple.

Choosing healthy foods, however does not mean you have to sacrifice flavour and variety. If I have learned anything over the last few months its that healthy food actually tastes so much BETTER than processed garbage.

Here's a sample of what' been on our menu lately:




Fruit salad

fruit, yogurt, homemade zucchini muffin and coffee!

Chicken soup

homemade guacamole
Healthier "apple crisp" - homemade apple sauce, granola and Greek yogurt.

Now for my workout recap:

I have been keeping a pretty standard schedule of running 3 days a week - 2 short 1 long with my longest being 8 miles!

I also joined an outdoor running class. We start with a warm up, then we spend 1 hr doing strength and cardio intervals. We follow that with hill repeats to strengthen our hearts and legs. Last, we run. so far the runs are short, but its only been 2 weeks and the class is meant to fit a variety of fitness levels. I am one of the strongest so its definitely not pushing me too much, but I really enjoy the social aspect and 
variety.

I am also still cross fitting 3 days a week, again 2 short workouts and 1 long workout. My favourite WODs of late: Cameron and baby Jorge. both had me try new exercise like squat cleans and triple unders!



What's on your menu? 

This quote really had me thinking! Whats your opinion??




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me you thoughts!