Saturday, February 23, 2013

Enjoying Winter

If you know me at all you know that I REALLY don't like winter. In fact I have been HATING winter a whole lot this year. We have had one of our absolute coldest winters with a lot of weeks with temps falling to below -30 C each and every day. I personally enjoy being outside - running, walking, and enjoying nature. You can't be outside when the wind chill is -30C!!!

Fortunately, we received a little reprieve from Mother Nature this week so the Hubs and I decided to make the most of his RDO and we hit the ski trails.

By the lunch time it was a balmy -12C, perfect for an outdoors sweat session.


We have a terrific set of ski trails on McKenzie Island, just a short drive by ice road from home. As I have not skied the "Island" for nearly 5 years and since we didn't have any kids with us we opted to ski the RED trail - a beautiful 6+ km trail that features lots of twists, turns and sloping hills.

the trail starts with crossing the pond



my fabulous classic skiis

me post ski

my shadow ;)
We just shuffled along enjoying the  fresh air and scenery. It took us about an hour to ski the 4 miles, not fast but that wasn't the point. 

Afterwards, we went to our favourite local restaurant for burgers and sweet potato fries. 


My fabulous husband enjoying his Borscht soup.

What did you do this weekend?

Do you love winter??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me you thoughts!