Saturday, February 16, 2013

Workout Recaps

Hi again,

Its the weekend and the perfect time to recap my recent workouts.

I'm still participating in Best Body Bootcamp (another session is set to start April 1st. I highly recommend it you can sign up here). So my workouts have mostly been designed by Tina.

I have been changing up my cardio workouts as I haven't really felt like dragging my butt to the gym to jump on a treadmill. I LOVE Turbofire's Hiit workouts and they have served me well over the years.

Feb 3.  - Cross fit Sunday - Fight gone bad: we did 4 rounds of 1 min each - row, sumo deadlift high pull, wall balls, box jumps, push press, and deadlifts. The plan was to do 3 rounds but we all had a little gas left in the tank so we went for broke. It was a terrific way to start the week.

Feb 4. - back to the gym for my BBB strength A and my 2nd virtual race for 5 by the 5th and 13 in 2013. I ran a hard 5K in just under 30 mins on the treadmill. I had 2 sub 10 mins miles and was pushing under 9 min miles for a portion of the 3rd. It was hard but worth the PR!!


Feb 5. Rest day - I wasn't feeling well.

Feb 6. - BBB - B lots of plyo moves with a few weights mixed in.

Feb 7. Turbo fire Hiit 15 and 100 burpees for my Healthy sELF Challenge

Feb 8. I was traveling to Montreal that day to see my mom so I opted for a QUICK AND DIRTY cross fit workout rather that the scheduled BBB workout. I redid ANGIE to see if I had made any progress. While my time was not faster (slower by 7 Mins ) I did manage to improve my technique. 

100 pull ups (with my foot on chair vs jumping)

100 push ups (all done on my toes this time)


100 cruches (better for my back than CF sit ups)


100 squats


Like I said my time wasn't great but I did the push ups on my toes (9:09) in 10 sets of 10.

Feb. 9  a short dog walk with Emily

Feb. 10 - I ran 5K in Memory of Sherry a woman killed this time last year while out for her morning run. Its a real tragedy and I think we should all run for her to make a stand against violence. You can learn more about the run and the tragedy here.


It was nice to be able to run outside.

Feb. 11 - My mom's husband took me to his gym where I ran 2.5 miles and did BBB Strength A plus some push press and deadlifts. I got a few odd looks but really didn't care lol

Feb. 12 - Em and I had to be up at 3:30 am to catch our flight home. The long trip caused some serious DOMS and I did nothing but sleep that evening.

Feb. 13 - Still feeling crummy I took my pooch for a nice 3 mile walk.

The Sun felt terrific!

Feb. 14 - Back to the gym for BBB strength c and a 2 mile run. My legs were still sore so I only ran 10 mins before and after my upper body workout. The concentration curls were killer and I am feeling it today.

How were your workouts?
Did you try anything new?







1 comment:

  1. I also ran for Sherry that day :) Love hearing about when others did too. She lived about 3 hours north of me and her story touched the hearts of so many. My fellow co-blogger and I also held a Run/Walk to Remember that day locally in conjunction with the Run for Sherry to honor so many loved ones gone too soon!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me you thoughts!